Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Uncharted Ruins - Looking for remnants of the lost Civilization

Ever since I was a child, I have been fascinated by the mysteries of the past. 
Over the following years, I have travelled the globe looking for the remnants of ancient and lost civilizations. 

Some of the sites and places I visited are amongst the most well known by tourists and scholars. However, it is in the least travelled destinations and amidst forgotten places and ruins that one can still breath the aura and power shrouding these remnants of lost civilizations. 

This is both a tribute to the masterminds who created such wonders of architecture whose ruins now lie sprawled over the entire surface of the Globe; and a very personal quest for the root of civilization and the mysterious past of humanity...

I will periodically updated this Blog with reports from my latest expeditions, for the benefit of all those interested to join and support with comments and feedback in this quest for knowledge. Enjoy!

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

[Percy B. Shelley, Ozymandias, 11 January 1818]

No comments:

Post a Comment